My trusty Surly is on the block. Full details below. I hope to find it a deserving home.
Surly Disc Trucker 26” wheels, size 58cm in ‘Super Dark Green’. Frame is in good shape, some scratches and rubs, form regular use. Frame and fork were treated with Framesaver when new. Some sticker damage evident in photos. I bought the frame and fork used and built them up with new and used parts myself. The original owner put about 2,000mi/3200km on the frame/fork, I have added about 300mi/500km.
Would be a great touring, all-season commuting, and/or townie rig and is plenty capable in the dirt/gravel as well. I’m selling because I have several bikes and this one never gets ridden. I want it to go to someone who’s going to put the miles on it that it so wants and deserves. Mechanic (me) maintained. Buyer pays shipping if applicable from Fredericton, NB, Canada – bike will be professionally boxed for shipping.
- Frame: 2012 Surly Disc Trucker, 26”, 2 bottle cage mounts inside, one on underside of down tube, rear rack/fender eyelets, spoke holder, down-tube shifter mounts, pump peg
- Fork: 2012 Surly Disc Trucker, with mid-blade rack eyelets, dual dropout eyelets, about 3 ¾” of steerer left on top of the headset
- Seatpost clamp: Surly Stainless
- Crankset: Surly Mr. Whirly Double, 44T/32T, 175mm crank arms – oldest component on the bike. Has seen service for a lot of miles/on several bikes. Cosmetic wear on the crankarms, but otherwise sound.
- Bottom Bracket: Surly External
- Pedals: n/a
- Front Derailleur: Shimano FD-R443, bottom-pull
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore LX, 9 spd
- Cassette: 9spd, 34/11
- Headset: Ritchey, with Chris King stem cap, because Parts Bin
- Brakes: SRAM DB5 Hydraulic Discs, brand new last Summer, bought with wheelset below, less than 100k on them
- Brake Levers: SRAM DB5
- Shifters: Microshift Thumbshifters
- Stem: Ritchey Comp 100mm,
- Handlebar: Salsa MotoAce, 660mm, 17º, 25.4mm clamp, black
- Grips: Bontrager RL, lock-on, Greenilicious
- Saddle: Bontrager Commuter Gel+
- Seatpost: Kalloy SP-248D
- Chain: Shimano
- Wheelset/Tires: Bought last Summer, less than 100k on them:
– Front Hub: Shimano HB-M475 Disc, black w/QR
– Rear Hub: Shimano FH-M475 Disc, black w/QR
– Rims: Alex DM18
– Tires: Maxxis Aspen, 26”x2.10”
- Fenders: Planet Bike Hardcore ATB, black, plastic, full coverage
Asking price, $1,000 CDN. That’s a steal for my ‘Murican friends with the exchange right now. Feel free to email me or ping me at one of the social media points (see footer below, right) with questions.