Monday is arts and crafts day here at the buKitzone.
1. Decide to set up a wireless network in your house.
2. Go online to microsoft.com and follow the instructions to update your wife’s Windows software with the necessary ‘service pack’ to allow her cheezy Dell to talk to the network.
3. Watch as it crashes mid-download, thus rendering the laptop unable to restart after MANY tries, in various safe modes, last good configuration – nothing.
4. Console wife who is freaking out at what appears to be the loss of hundreds of digital family photos. Try to divert blame from yourself to corporate behemoth, Microsoft.
5. Vow to her to find some way, no matter the cost, to restore said photos.
6. Reposition your personal effects in the doghouse.
7. Enjoy your new paperweight!