The Coffeeneuring Challenge 2015 continues. And sometimes, it gets ugly.
- Date: October 11, 2015
- Location: Read’s, Fredericton
- Order: Americano, Ginormous Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Distance: 30km round trip
- Bike Friendly: Yeh
Hit up the Read’s news stand and cafe in downtown Fredericton. It was raining pretty good, which in my mind merits a ginormous cookie purchase as well. The Americano was good, better than most, but I still prefer the one at Chess Piece. Still a few spots to check out in town, though before I crown a King.
- Date: October 12, 2015 – Canadian Thanksgiving Holiday
- Location: Irving Gas/Convenience
- Order: ‘Breakfast Blend’, Ginormous Peanut Butter/Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Distance: 50km round trip
- Bike Friendly: Does it matter?
Sometimes, in the name of ‘The Cause’ sacrifices have to be made. I got out for a road ride on Monday, a Holiday, while most folks were still sleeping off food comas. Drawback was that pretty much nothing of consequence was open. Not wanting to miss out on the opportunity to punch my #coffeeneuring card, I had to resort to the dreaded gas station/convenience store stop. I just narrowly avoided complete tragedy as they were almost out of coffee in the ‘warming thermos’, but luckily I was able to draw enough ‘Breakfast Blend’ to fill a meager cup. Somewhat redeeming was my purchase of the ubiquitous ‘ginormous roadside chocolate chip cookie’ only to discover later it was actually a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie. The whole ‘Breakfast Blend’ (shudder) debacle was almost completely forgotten.